“This is not about Trump, but about the Constitution,” Schoen said, on behalf of the defense, in his first round of presentation.“This is about the abuse of impeachment for political gain,” he added.
The United States opened another period in its history on Tuesday when the second trial for the impeachment of Donald Trump began in the Senate.
One year after he was acquitted of the charges of abuse of power and obstruction of Congress, the Senate must decide, by a qualified majority of two thirds, whether to convict the former president of inciting insurrection, after the violent assault on this very Capitol on January 6th.
After four hours of debate, the Senate has decided to proceed with the trial, rejecting the defense argument that the process is unconstitutional. But the vote, 56 to 44, in which only six Republican senators have voted to proceed, anticipates how difficult it will be for Democrats to get, at the end of the trial, the 17 Republican votes that would give them the qualified majority to convict Trump. .
It is unnecessary and revengeful, in the midst of a crisis that demands urgent attention, to prosecute someone who can no longer be removed, committing unconstitutionality.
“The Senate lacks jurisdiction over the 45th president because he does not hold any public office from which he can be removed, which makes the impeachment irrelevant”, defend, for their part, the lawyers of Trump, Bruce Castor Jr., and David Schoen, in a brief addressed to House managers who play the impeachment role in the Senate.
Hillary Clinton threatens Republican senators.
Hillary Clinton, the Democrat whom Trump defeated in 2016, weighed in Wednesday at his second impeachment trial and said Republican senators who vote to acquit him will be his “ co-conspirators ” .
“If the Senate Republicans do not condemn Donald Trump, it will not be because the facts were with him or because his lawyers mounted a competent defense,” Clinton tweeted. “It will be because the jury includes his co-conspirators.” On Tuesday, six of the 50 Republicans joined Democrats in voting to allow the trial to proceed after a debate on whether the Senate has jurisdiction over former presidents.
list of all High Crimes and Misdemeanors of Hillary Clinton:
1. When she was first lady, she murdered White House lawyer Vince Foster and then dumped his body in a park.
2. She drove Vince Foster to commit suicide through her temper tantrums.
3. She was having an affair with Vince Foster.
4. She’s a lesbian.
5. Chelsea isn’t Bill Clinton’s child.
6. She murdered Vince Foster to cover up that she once bought a tract of undeveloped land in Arkansas and lost money.
7. She murdered Vince Foster to cover up her role in firing the White House travel department.
8. After she murdered Vince Foster, she ransacked his office in the middle of the night and stole all the documents proving her guilt.
9. When Bill Clinton was governor of Arkansas, she was a partner in the state’s top law firm, and it sometimes did work involving the state government.
10. She once invested in commodities futures on the advice of a friend and made $100,000, proving she’s a crook.
11. She once invested in real estate on the advice of another friend and lost $100,000, also proving she’s a crook.
12. Unnamed and unverifiable sources have told Peggy Noonan things about the Clintons that are simply too terrible to repeat.
13. The personnel murdered at Benghazi make her the first secretary of state to lose overseas personnel to terrorism — apart from Condi Rice, Colin Powell, Madeleine Albright, George Schultz, Dean Rusk and some others.
14. Four State Department staff were murdered at Benghazi, compared with only 119 others murdered overseas under every secretary of state combined since World War II.
15. She illegally sent classified emails from her personal server, except that apparently they weren’t classified at the time.
16. She may have cynically wriggled around the email law by “technically” complying with it.
17. She once signed a lucrative book contract when she was a private citizen.
18. Donald Trump says she “should be in jail,” and he’s a serial bankrupt casino developer in Atlantic City, so he should know.
19. Former House Majority Leader Tom Delay says his “law-enforcement sources” tell him she is “about to be indicted” — and if a man once convicted of money laundering and conspiracy doesn’t have good law-enforcement sources, who does?
20. She’s a hard-left radical who wants to break up the nuclear family.
21. She’s a conservative “mousewife” who refused to break up her own family.
22. She’s in favor of single moms.
23. She refused to be a single mom.
24. When she was first lady of Arkansas, she pandered to conservative voters by dyeing her hair.
25. Before that, she totally insulted them by refusing to.
26. She’s a frump.
27. She spends too much money on designer dresses.
28. She has “cankles.”
29. She has a grating voice.
30. She yells into the microphone.
31. She spent 18 years in Arkansas and some of the people she knew turned out to be crazy rednecks and crooks.
32. She’s in the pay of the mafia.
33. She’s in the pay of the Chinese government.
34. She’s in the pay of the Wall Street banks.
35. In order to suppress the billing records from her time at the Rose Law Firm in Little Rock, she cleverly packed them up and took them to the White House rather than shredding them.
36. When she handed over the documents to public officials, they couldn’t find any evidence she’d committed any crimes, so she must have doctored them.
37. Congress spent tens of millions of dollars and six years investigating her investment in the Whitewater real-estate project, and, while they didn’t actually find anything, they wouldn’t have spent all that money if there weren’t something there.
38. By cleverly hiding all evidence of her crimes in the Whitewater affair, she caused Congress to waste all that taxpayers’ money.
39. When she ran for senator of New York, she was still a fan of the Chicago Cubs.
40. She once said the Clintons were thinking of adopting a child, and they didn’t follow through.
41. She was photographed holding her hand near her mouth during the raid that killed Osama bin Laden.
42. She’s got brain damage.
43. She’s old.
44. She’s really ambitious and calculating, unlike all the other people running for president.
45. She secretly supported Palestinian terrorists, Puerto Rican terrorists and Guatemalan terrorists.
46. She secretly supported a group that wants to give Maine back to the Indians.
47. She’s a secret follower of “radical prophet” Saul Alinsky.
48. She did her law degree at Yale, and it’s a well-known “socialist finishing school.”
49. When she was young, she did things to build up her résumé rather than just for their own good.
50. When Bill was president, she “allowed” him to keep people waiting.
51. She’s married to a sex addict.
52. She’s an enemy of traditional marriage.
53. She didn’t divorce her husband.
54. His philandering is her fault because she is too strong, and too weak, and too frumpy, and too fat, and too cold.
55. She’s hostile to women who fool around with her husband.
56. A divorced taxi driver in Florida told me that if Hillary is elected president, “women will take over everything.”
57. She insulted Tammy Wynette.
58. When they left the White House, she and Bill bought a big house in New York that they couldn’t afford.
59. She sometimes calls her staff during dinner, even when they’re out at a restaurant.
60. She claimed there was a “vast right-wing conspiracy” against her husband, and it turned out there was nothing but a bunch of tycoons financing private investigators, and some fake think tanks and books and news sites and stuff.
61. When she got married, she didn’t “stay at home and bake cookies.”
62. She supported the Iraq war because she’s a secret foreign-policy conservative.
63. She’s a secret foreign-policy radical with a plan to impose worldwide “radical social experimentation” through the World Bank.
64. She is secretly plotting to let children sue their parents for making them take out the garbage.
65. She looked bored during the Benghazi hearings.
66. Oh, yeah — and she totally has a vagina.
It’s clear: Hillary must be stopped. Hearings now!
THIS IS CLEAR PROOF THAT WHAT THE DEMOCRATIC PARTY IS LOOKING FOR IS TO DESTROY TRUMP IN ANY WAY. THEY DO NOT CARE FOR COMMITTING AN UNCONSTITUTIONAL ACT OR THREATENING THE REPUBLICAN SENATORS.
THEY JUST WANT THE DESTRUCTION OF DONALD TRUMP, IN ORDER TO LEAVE THEIR WAY FREE AND NOT HAVE ANYONE STRONG TO REPRESENT THE REPUBLICAN PARTY IN FUTURE ELECTIONS.
Click here for Spanish